Have You Lost Your Passion?
Passion. It’s right up there with food, water and oxygen on the long list of must-haves in life.
If you’re passion has lost its sheen or you‘ve never quite been able to identify it, I suggest the following:
- Go back in your history to a simpler time when you were a child. What got you excited?
- Answer the question: What hobbies have I dropped that I used to like?
- Clean out a closet. You know I swear by it. When you clear your space of the old, the new is bound to come in. Nature hates a vacuum.
- Answer the question: If money were no object, how would I live? Start from there.
- Create a vision board from magazine pictures and words.
You won’t be able to form the future you want to see if you don’t have a vision. And a vision is fueled by your passion. So if you’ve lost yours, it’s time to consider what will make you fly.
And I’ll be right there, cheering you on when you do.
SuzanneJune 26, 2012 at 3:46 pm
What a great thing to revisit. I find when I am losing my passion, I am suddenly tired. When you are living your purpose, passion and goals, energy is available everywhere. One thing I do to reconnect to my passion is to daydream. I call it a “living meditation.” I picture my perfect world (in that moment) and let a whole movie unfold in my head. Works everytime!
powerofslowJune 26, 2012 at 3:50 pm