Why not to Work on the Weekends
The top ten reasons why working on the weekends is a bad idea are:
- That Friday buzzy head feeling doesn’t go away.
- You lack weekend fun and a change of scene, making Jill duller than the knives in my kitchen.
- Monday feels like Friday times two.
- You get impatient with people who actually work on week days only. “Whaddya mean you haven’t finished the report?” you shout at your colleague who came in at 7:45 am on Monday morning to get a fresh start to the week.
- You resent said colleague and detect a slight BBQ odor on his jacket. Was he having fun while you were, well, not?
- You forget which day it is.
- The Sunday funnies go unread.
- Your laundry pile grows, as does the mold on your shower curtain.
- Your mental attitude suffers.
- Your productivity level sinks, as does your morale.